countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, August 25, 2008

Mission

So yesterday I went and talked to my Bishop in Grantsville and got everything set up so I could start my mission papers! I got alot of the papers done today. It is all an online process. I am pretty excited! There are a few things I think about here and there that are a little scary but I know a mission will be a great experience. I know it will be an honor to serve my church and get the gospel out to those who need to know about it. I know it has been a blessing in my life to be a member of the Chuch of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints, and I know it will help other people as they learn about it. I am pretty excited...It will probably be a few months before I get my call but I will let ya'll know where I am going and when. Well thats all.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

So Cool!! you're amazing Tav. way to go!!

The Barfus' said...

Tavia I am so happy that you are following your heart in serving a mission. I know I am so thankful for the missionaries that came to my door to help we do what I wanted to do. I always felt it was right but I never wanted to hurt my dad. As our discussions kept going I felt more and more compelled to do what I needed to do regardless of what my father thought. I knew it would hurt him so I didn't want to say anything to him but I did and all he said when I told him was "why are you breaking my heart" I felt so bad I tried to talk to him and he kept saying why are you hurting me. I told him that I knew it was right and that he should be happy for me with my decision.but he never did I cry all night long I am so thankful josh was there to cry on to be my rock. so when the missionaries asked me of a date to be baptized I started to cry and I left the room. Because all I thought of is my dad and his broken heart that I gave him, and I didn't want to do that to him. but with all the love from the missionaries and josh I knew I truly need to do it no matter what dad thought. I know that you will make someone as happy as I am to day, with the gospel in my life, it has been a blessing, sometimes its hard but I wouldn't change it for the world. sorry that it is so long. I love you tav.